

When I went to school today in language arts we were assigned to pick 1 out
of 4 articles, but there was only one
article
that caught my eye.
Is There
Too Much Pressure on girls to have 'Perfect' Bodies? That caught you’re eye in the
beginning too huh? I bet if you’re a girl like me you are thinking…. heck yeah
there is!! I would have to agree, after reading this article it made me think
twice, there is a lot of pressure on girls ages 10-20, but seriously everyone
is beautiful in their own way. I bet deep down you have a very
special talent, maybe it’s that you’re a very good artist, singer, good in
school, or its just simply you’re a good friend. Everyone has a very special
talent that makes you unique and beautiful in every simple way. Don't listen to
anyone who calls you fat, ugly, horrible, stupid, or terrible words like that
because they don't know who you are, they don't know what you've gone through
do they? No they don't so don’t listen to them. I need you girls out there to
know you don't need to feel that there is
pressure on you for
being pretty or skinny, really you’re beautiful. How about you take a look in
the mirror and say to yourself “I'm beautiful in every way, no one can tell me
otherwise because it’s true!" One of my friends got bullied for her weight
and she had a lot of pressure on herself for not being skinny and not being
pretty but I talked to her and said “No one is like you. You have a different
life than them and if you’re really worried about it get fit and eat
healthier, and you know what by that time you'll be fit/prettier if that's
what you want to be. But seriously you’re a very pretty girl. I love you as a
friend for who you are not who people judge you on or what you’re trying to
be." She finally realized that she is beautiful inside and out and no one
can ever judge her.

Now, I want you to go to where there is a mirror and look at yourself and
find what is great about you. Start at your hair, then to your eyes, then to
your hands, then stomach, then thighs, then legs, then feet, and trust me
you'll find out that “Yes” you are pretty and no one can tell you otherwise. So
what if no one likes the way you look, tell them "You know what I feel
comfortable in my body, and I like food I'm human I like to eat. Is that such a
crime, and yeah I know I need to eat healthier don’t you think I know
that!" Then walk away and if they are one of your friends saying that to
you then obviously aren't a good friend are they. There were a few questions on
the article the questions were: 1. How have you seen that pressure play out
among the girls you know?
I
have seen pressure play out on my best friend and she was a wreak. She was
always mad (facial expressions), ate a lot, and didn't like the way she
looked after getting bullied. 2. How many are afraid of being fat? Most of
my friends and I'm pretty sure that 85% of girls are scared of being fat and I
am part of that 85% of kids who are scared and worried of being overweight.
3. Have you seen body image issues lead to
problems like eating disorders, drinking, acting out sexually, suicide or
bullying? Yes, usually girls who get bullied of being overweight eat a lot
because they feel pressure and if you’re a guy reading this and you’re
wondering "Wait why does a girl eat after getting bullied of being
overweight isn't that just causing that effect more?"
I would have to agree with that question. There
are some girls out there in this world that eat away their feelings. So
please don’t forget that you are beautiful in every way and don’t let yourself
get bullied and don’t let others get bullied

This is an amazing blog entry; it really captured me on how you interpret the other girls feeling on their bodies. Also it helped me realize that all girls have the pressure to have perfect bodies.
ReplyDeletewow I thought that this was amazing so much depth in your work. Very inspiring is am very impressed.
ReplyDeleteI love how you added pictures and how you added personalization. I can tell it's you and it's very beautifully written. Good job. <3
ReplyDeletethank you Mae i learned it from my ponyo how your blogs are so amazing and in depth with the subject!!
DeleteI love this Sam! This is the best blog post I have seen yet. You have really good wording, I actually just really overall love the topic.(:
ReplyDeleteThis was great Sam! You did awesome I really like how you talked about personal experiences you have dealt with. The pictures you chose were great too.
ReplyDeleteI think this was a amazing blog post! You really went detailed into the text you chose. After reading this I have thought over twice about how everyone thinks about girls bodies. Great Job!!!
ReplyDelete